Are you looking for software that will help improve productivity? Are you looking for a way to make communication easier at your firm?
You might want to take a more in depth look at it. This will help to make sure that you invest in the right platform.
Is it a good choice for your company? Will you make the right investment?
We will show you how to make the right decision.
What is SharePoint?
There is a web-based platform called Microsoft SharePoint Online. It works with Microsoft Office to store and share files. The system is a content and document management system.
Organizations can coordinate and communicate in a secure way with the help of SharePoint. You can build tasks, track schedules, and get details about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the app you want to use.
- Click on the page to create it.
- You can select the team site.
- The design of your website will match your requirements.
- Correct details can be entered, which includes name and description.
- Click on the finish button to complete the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They are used as a containing space for members lists. The ability to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner is offered by SharePoint. Once the users click on the library, they have access to the documents.
The best way to use the document library is by using this method.
- The documents can be chosen in the left- vertical pane.
- To add new items, choose new. You can drag and drop files from the current library folder
- The app will open the Microsoft Office file.
- You can change the file with other members at the same time with modern web apps. You can still check out a file and stop others from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and review items.
2. SharePoint Workflows
A set of decisions and tasks give you the right outcomes. The execution of standard business processes are handled by them. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates in SharePoint. Gaining consistency and efficiency for tasks will be helped by this.
There are different roles that are linked.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute searches. The recent website has a scope of search. The application processes the query and returns the results.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be found in the search results. Permissions, previous searches and the context in responding to your queries are required by the search engine in Microsoft SharePoint online. If you add words to the search box, it will return the solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
“It gives the host features to store, group, modify, and capture vital data. The library can be used to store the data’s contents.”
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
There are many components in this template that support project management.
- There is a summary of the project.
- There is a task timetable.
- The task list has things on it.
- “It’s a calendar”
- A document library.
- Task management features are built in.
“It’s convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free.”
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
The features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided by us. It is perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.